ICYMI: David Bowie Worked On A Musical That Featured Space Aliens And Mariachi Music
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Even in his death, David Bowie continues to weird us out (in the best possible way). Novelist Michael Cunningham revealed that he'd spent a year with Bowie collaborating on a musical that involved space aliens and a mariachi band.
- After a long and winding road, it looks like Marissa Mayer will be resigning as CEO of Yahoo.
- Here's a pretty in-depth look at LAX's anti-terrorism intelligence unit.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer sent a letter to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying that McConnell should apply the same standards to President-elect Donald Trump as he had to President Barack Obama. Somewhat archly, Schumer had sent almost the exact same letter as McConnell had sent to Harry Reid, then the Democratic majority leader of the Senate. Only the names were the difference.
- Attendees of the InStyle/Warner Bros. Golden Globes party were treated to...shoes in a can?
- J.J. Abrams says he's done with reboots, as they're no longer a source of inspiration for him. Well, who's going to make the Small Wonder movie now?
- Condoleezza Rice has stepped back into the spotlight to endorse Jeff Sessions to become our new attorney general. Everything's just going fine.
- Some "Coffee and TV" in Hong Kong with Blur: