ICYMI: Please Don't Call The Los Angeles County Fire Department Over Pokémon Go
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Los Angeles County Fire Department would really like to remind everyone that calling 9-1-1 is for emergencies only, and not Pokémon Go-related inquiries.
- Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is all about Pokémon Go.
- There was a horrific truck attack in France that left 73 dead, and now horrific excuse for a human being Donald Trump is trying to make it about him.
- Speaking of Trump, the Notorious R.B.G has walked back on her criticism of the presumptive Republican candidate, saying that she regrets her comments (said comments were resoundingly criticized as being unbecoming of the high court by liberals and conservatives alike).
- This Taylor Swift/Calvin Harris thing just keeps getting better and better, and is quite frankly the only laughter we have left in an otherwise bleak, bleak world.
- How much weed is in the average joint? Probably less than you think.
- Emmy nominations were announced, and the final season of The Good Wife got totally snubbed.
- For a cool $13 million, David Bowie's personal art collection could be yours.
- And on that note, who doesn't need a little Bowie after a long day? Here he is performing "Young Americans" on the Dick Cavett show in 1974: