Extra, Extra: The Phantom's Anniversary
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Los Angeles has welcomed the Kogi Korean BBQ truck with open arms. The OC needs to make sure Kogi is official...
- NBCLA wants to wish you a Happy 10th Anniversary of standing in line for Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. Yes, it was 10-years ago when you waited 42-days outside of Mann's Chinese, only to run back to your mom's basement and promptly seek solace after the film.
- The crane in Century City that seems to have loomed forever is finally coming down. Elevators in the 42-story tower have started working and they're on track to have tenants in 2010. Don't even look at the building unless you can plunk down $3.3 million for a starter condo.
- Blogdowntown is saying things are looking up!
- Another Proposition vote, you say? Voters turned out in sad numbers today to vote on some Props.
- Police found an SUV in Westminster split in two this morning, but they could not find any passengers...
- There's still time to be in the running for tix to Boston Court's Vampire Show in Pasadena. Click here if you'd like a chance.