Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Denver gets the Lakers at home on Monday night, we get their WWE spillover. Scheduling conflicts always arise during the playoffs, but it's cool, Denver, you could've kept the WWE show, we would have gladly hosted the game...
- Redondo residents have been getting ripped off at the pump, and not from gas prices. Since October, over 1,000 victims have been "skimmed" by using their ATM card at an Arco gas station on PCH. Police are getting closer to the suspects who have stolen $200,000 in just the last two weeks from victims' accounts.
- City Council tried to cut neighborhood council funding from $45,000 to $11,200 for each council, a move which never came to fruition. Now, City Council finds their backs up against the wall defending their $1.5 million City General Purposes Fund” (a.k.a. "Slush Fund"), in which each Council member personally holds and allocates $100,000. Sounds kinda fishy...
- Anyone catch the coincidental cover of the LA Times today?
- Bring out the kiddies to the Santa Monica Pier. New rides opening this weekend, just in time for summer.
- A fire broke out at a Temple on Melrose Ave. at Western shortly before 4:30 p.m. Fortunately, that's right across from a fire station and the blaze, contained to the basement area, was knocked down in 13 minutes, according to the LA Fire Department. The fire began near a water heater, but it is unknown if it was the culprit.
- This morning in Santa Ana, on the way to school, a heroic grandmother shielded her grandkids and took the hit herself from a speeding car. The driver slammed on the brakes, but hit the grandmother, sending her onto the hood then the ground with scrapes, bruises and a possible broken limb.
- A tragic story out of Ventura County where a man on a motorcycle entered into a beachfront home and stabbed a couple to death while their 9-year-old son watched. Police do not have any leads at this time.