Extra, Extra: How StubHub Screwed One Lakers Fan
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- StubHub totally screwed a Lakers fan out of getting tickets to Kobe Bryant's last home game. Don't worry, he got hooked up. Big time.
- Is Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs wanted in an Oregon bank robbery?
- Let's get some Powerball tickets. The jackpot is now estimated at $700 million.
- Relatedly, did you buy a ticket in Burbank recently? You might be the winner of $424,000.
- Good news! Beloved Griffith Park mountain lion P-22 is in good health.
- Major League Soccer unveiled the new logo of the Los Angeles Football Club, and Will Ferrell is also one of the co-owners.
- In other sports news, the Dodgers announced the newest member of their team, Japanese pitcher Kenta Maeda.
- Check out a great interview with Chinese director Jia Zhang-ke, whose latest movie, Mountains May Depart, was one of our favorites at AFI FEST.
- Here's a look at how Museum Row will look once all the work is done in the next few years.
- And finally, even though Mike Piazza will be going into the Hall of Fame as a Met, Los Angeles still loves you Mike. Here's a monster shot he crushed literally out of the park.