Extra, Extra: How StubHub Screwed One Lakers Fan
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- StubHub totally screwed a Lakers fan out of getting tickets to Kobe Bryant's last home game. Don't worry, he got hooked up. Big time.
- Is Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs wanted in an Oregon bank robbery?
- Let's get some Powerball tickets. The jackpot is now estimated at $700 million.
- Relatedly, did you buy a ticket in Burbank recently? You might be the winner of $424,000.
- Good news! Beloved Griffith Park mountain lion P-22 is in good health.
- Major League Soccer unveiled the new logo of the Los Angeles Football Club, and Will Ferrell is also one of the co-owners.
- In other sports news, the Dodgers announced the newest member of their team, Japanese pitcher Kenta Maeda.
- Check out a great interview with Chinese director Jia Zhang-ke, whose latest movie, Mountains May Depart, was one of our favorites at AFI FEST.
- Here's a look at how Museum Row will look once all the work is done in the next few years.
- And finally, even though Mike Piazza will be going into the Hall of Fame as a Met, Los Angeles still loves you Mike. Here's a monster shot he crushed literally out of the park.