This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Holy Crap, It's Raining: 8 Driving Tips for This Trying Time
Well, crap. God is apparently so angry about the Grammy nominations that we have caused Him to cry on us. Here are 8 driving tips for this difficult time:
8. While you are driving, brake suddenly.
7. Try to beat all the yellow lights. Your yellow light fairy is looking out for you today.
6. Definitely for sure drive somewhere.
5. When driving, suddenly change lanes. (There was a big puddle there!)
4. Circle the parking lot extra long to find a good parking space. Your parking fairy is looking out for you today.
3. Limit yourself to three or four Snapchats per trip.
2. Make a joke about free car washes. For example: “Free car washes today!* (*Offer valid only at precipitating locations.)”
1. Definitely make sure you drive somewhere while it’s raining.
Hang in there, the rain is expected to continue till tonight. If you have any more driving tips, feel free to leave them in the comments.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.