This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Don't Bring Your Fanny Pack To The Rose Bowl
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A new initiative suggests that politicians wear logos showing who's donated to their campaigns when they come to California. They'd have more donor flare than Jennifer Aniston in Office Space, we presume.
- Security will be tight at the Rose Bowl game. Don't plan on getting in with a purse, backpack or fanny pack. If you need to carry some items in, bring a clear bag, a small clutch or a diaper bag. Of course, those with diaper bags will have to also bring a child.
- Perhaps what you need in your life is a Quidditch Beer Pong game?
- Blue Bell ice cream is being investigated by the Department of Justice following a deadly Listeria outbreak. Blue Bell has production plants in Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama, and Listeria was found in all three.
- Like pie? Like In-N-Out? Some genius made an In-N-Out burger pie.
- Nerdist did what needed to be done: They ranked every piece of Willa Wonka candy that was shown or eaten in the film.
- Britney Spears has some advice for staying safe tonight: "When I'm with friends, we make this promise to each other: Arrive together, stick together and leave together." And charge your phones!
- A good long-form read comes by way of Edward Humes and the OC Register. It explores the case of Scott Dekraai, the man responsible for the deadliest shooting in Orange County, and how he exposed something called "the snitch tank."
- There's a new book about a vegan taco cleanse. What a time to be alive!
- And finally, here's a dog that knows how to get around:
"Don't go in the pool" they said.
Posted by iHeartRadio on Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.