Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This


SoCal Kid Eats Grandma's Pot Cookies, Lands in The Hospital

Photo by Kasahara via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.

A three year-old boy dipped into his granny's cookie jar, and ended up landing himself in the hospital. The grandmother, who had been diagnosed with cancer, was using marijuana-laced cookies as part of her treatment.

Says LA Now:

"The child ate the 'medical marijuana stash' Saturday morning and was initially unresponsive when rescuers arrived at a home in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane, the Murrieta Police Department said in a statement. The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment and later released, police said, and county child services officials were contacted."

A police investigation is currently underway.