This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
One Man Samples the Whole In-N-Out Menu
There are some things a man can do that cause him to go crazy. There are other things he can do that, one assumes, would just make him sick. Among the latter, we may well find this man's mission: over at Serious Eats, writer J. Kenji Lopez-Alt has attempted to sample everything on the In-N-Out public menu, the secret menu and the super-secret-menu.
Of course, there are some In-N-Out menu variations that everyone knows about. Animal Style? Please. Protein Style? Double please. And no doubt, there are those among us who already know the super-duper-secret menu by heart.
That said, we still have a few favorites from Lopez-Alt's selections:
- The 4x4: four patties, four slices of cheese
- Root beer float: self-explanatory
- The medium-rare option! (also self-explanatory)
- Neopolitan: all three kinds of milkshake mixed together (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla)
- Flying Dutchman: two slices of cheese melted between two patties
- Chopped chillis: can be grilled into the bottom of your patty
But what do you know that we don't know? What's your favorite secret-menu item at In-N-Out?