Los Feliz Eating Guide: The Reader Edition
Photo at House of Pies by Sklathill via Flickr
Last week's contest for tonight's Rilo Kiley concert at the Greek Theatre was all about what to do in Los Feliz before and after the show (related, we're running a Robert Plant/Allison Krauss contest right now). Many readers responded with food suggestions. So here, we present to you, by you, your quick guide to eating in Los Feliz:
- Grab a late night bite to eat after the show at Fred's 62, a kitchy diner located on Vermont and Russell (one block S of Franklin) Fred is your friend.
- mac and cheese balls are the best thing to order at Fred 62. great for late night eats.
- You can't go wrong with pre or post-show hot wings at Ye Rustic Inn. Try the extra hot ones if you dare.
- Psychobabble is always a good choice. One of the only cafes that are open late in LA. [Late, of course meaning past 10pm, people!]
- My favorite place in the area is (there's no place like) HOME on Hillhurst! They have (in my opinion) THE best burger in town (my favorite is the Mushroom Burger). Also recommended are the waffle cut fries (that come with the burger). Nice atmosphere (outdoors) and friendly waiters, too!
- Sample the delicious "Pizzarosa" pizza at Palermo! And you don't have to order it to try it - they serve slices of it as the complementary bread before you order.