This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LAist in the Kitchen: Lazy Man's Thai Curry Tofu
This seriously takes 5 minutes to do. It's so easy, it's so fresh, we had to share.
- 1 lb. firm tofu
- thai curry sauce (we are fans of the one from Trader Joe's)
- broccoli, carrots, onions and other veggies of choice
- olive oil (we're lazy; we use spray olive oil)
- Spray olive oil on bottom plate of George Foreman Grill and turn grill on to heat up.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes
- Cut veggies
- Place tofu and veggies onto grill and spray olive oil over food.
- Close George Foreman Grill over food and heat to taste.
- Heat thai curry and pour over food or use as dipping sauce.
Recipe works with any kind of sauce. For even lighter fare, we go with Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids.