Mexican Deli Serving Westside for Over 60 Years Closing For Good This Weekend
The Gallegos Mexican Deli's westside roots go back to 1946, when Jose Maria Gallegos started a Tortilleria on Olympic near 15th Street called "Gallegos Brothers" with his brother, Ezequiel. When the business changed hands to the next generation in the early 80s, they expanded their food offerings, and moved to 15th and Broadway, where they stayed until relocating to their current Mar Vista shop in 2002. Now, the Gallegos Mexican Deli is closing for good on Saturday, March 31.
The owners are thanking their loyal customers, and hint that we should watch their Facebook page for any news of new endeavors.