This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Villaraigosa Plans Run For Governor, Move To Venice, Is Robin Thicke's New Song 'Rapey?'
- Soon to be ex-mayor Antonio Villaraigosa wants to run for governor.
- In other Mayor V. news, he's moving to Venice.
- The man who was shot at after police mistook him for ex-LAPD fugitive Christopher Dorner has, no surprise, filed a lawsuit.
- In other completely unsurprising news, Edison is urging people to go easy with the electricity this summer.
- Sorry, folks. Ryan Reynolds won't be The Highlander after all.
- Smoking stats: National smoking rate drops to 18 percent.
- Are the lyrics of Robin Thicke's new song "rapey?"