Extra, Extra: The Sixth Street Bridge Immortalized On Film
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The Sixth Street Bridge will soon be torn down, but it will live on forever in film and TV, including a Madonna music video, Grease, Terminator 2, and To Live And Die In L.A.
- R.I.P. French director Jacques Rivette, who made masterpieces such as Celine And Julie Go Boating and the 13-hour Out 1.
- The University of Kentucky now offers a college course on tacos 🌮.
- The Oscar winners broken down by factors such as genre, race, and budget. Surprise! White people have won the most acting awards.
- If you're one of the people that have ordered McDonald's new mozzarella sticks, you're probably wondering where's the cheese?
- KCET has mapped all the coyote sightings in Los Angeles. They're everywhere!
- Run All Night and Non-Stop are both highly underrated modern action masterpieces, so we're very excited about the forthcoming collaboration between Liam Neeson and director Jaume Collet-Serra.
- Thousands (thousands!) have signed a petition calling for Snoop Dogg to narrate Planet Earth. The people demand it!
- And finally, @Seinfeld2000 answers the question, "What if Seinfeld was The X-Files?"