This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The 'Arrested Development' Banana Stand Will Not Stop In Newport Beach
- Sorry OC, but Netflix has no plans to bring the Bluth banana stand to its "home" in Newport Beach
- And just so you know, a lot of the new "Arrested Development" was filmed on a green screen
- Okay, last one: never-nudes are a real thing
- Nope, Echo Park is not getting a dog park
- A stripper at one of Silvio Berlusconi's "Bunga Bunga" parties wore an Obama mask, for some reason
- The science behind coffee as a kind of hangover cure
- Gawker wants to raise $200,000 to buy a video of Toronto's mayor smoking crack
- I guess Yoko Ono wants everyone to know she didn't break up The Beatles
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.