Extra, Extra: Tarantino's New Movie Was Originally A 'Django' Spinoff
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Where did Quentin Tarantino get the idea for his new film, The Hateful Eight? It was originally a Django spinoff.
- Rachel Dolezal (remember her?) speaks! She's naming her new baby after Langston Hughes, of course.
- Do you live in the Denver area, have a soul patch and know how to play bass? Serious Bassist Needed for Creed/Nickelback Cover Band (Denver).
- You'd think Ancient Roman hairstyles would be the most passé dos at this point, but one YouTuber is really into recreating them.
- Why are Chinese moms spending thousands of dollars a monthlong regiment of meals after they give birth?
- Speaking of the Chinese, they seem to be enjoying the Point Break remake, which came out three weeks earlier in China.
- A rare sea turtle is a long, long way from home and an Oregon aquarium is helping him recover from his injuries.
- Goods news for people in bad moods: unhappiness and stress won't affect your life expectancy says a new study. (Study valid until another study comes along contradicting it).
- Hillary Clinton is going to be on TV again. She just filmed an episode for Broad City.
- The latest battleground in the War On Christmas at Starbucks? Their discontinued polar bear cookies.
- And finally: here's a clip of the Talking Heads doing "Naive Melody (This Must Be The Place)," from Stop Making Sense, the greatest concert film of all time: