Extra, Extra: Street May Be Named After Jackie Robinson
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Lawmakers want to name a South L.A. street after baseball legend Jackie Robinson.
- Speaking of street name changes, Beverly Hills arguing over whether to rename Little Santa Monica. Some (believe it or not) find the "little" insulting.
- Apparently, your face wash is hurting the ocean.
- Matthew McConaughey inspired Jared Leto to act again, lose scary amount of weight for movie role.
- Thirteen-year-old girl wants you to Kickstart her horror movie, which she will write and direct.
- Life is worth living now that Ant-Man, the Movie is a few months closer.
- Did you see a shark in the sky on Sunday? If so, you're not alone.
- NBC bites on Katherine Heigl pilot, in which she'll play a CIA agent who advises the president. In between hissy fits, moralizing speeches and multiple affairs, no doubt.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).