Extra, Extra: SoCal And NorCal, Please Stop Fighting
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Their search for a new skipper is finally over. The Dodgers have hired former Dodger, UCLA Bruin, and Red Sox hero Dave Roberts to be their new manager. The half-Japanese, half-African-American Roberts becomes the first minority manager in the team's history. Here's to "Doc!"
- Uh-oh: the State Department has issued a travel alert for all Americans traveling abroad.
- It's about time Southern California and Northern California set aside our differences. Let's all chill and listen to Pavement.
- Belgians in Brussels had fun with the lockdown, tweeting out a flood of cat memes during the tense situation. It might have helped out the authorities, too.
- Punk rocker and KCRW DJ Henry Rollins finally got the honor he deserved: getting a prehistoric worm named after him.
- In 420-friendly Colorado, prosecutors aren't happy that people are getting off the hook for smoking and driving.
- The Beverly Hills School District is continuously sinking money into their pointless fight against Metro, and some people are finally getting annoyed.
- Thor isn't looking so beefy these days.
- Chuck Norris put his North Tustin home up for sale, and it includes a lake because he's Chuck Norris.
- E! has greenlit a "docuseries" about the Clippers dance team, who "embody the physical and spiritual essence of the modern woman." OK.
- Spotlight is getting rave reviews from critics, but one of the real-life Boston Globe editors was literally sickened by how the movie portrayed him.
- Jack In The Box is joining the trend and switching to cage-free eggs.
- Shane MacGowan has needed new teeth for a long time and, well, there's going to be a documentary about that.
- In a weak Oscar season, it's about time that Hollywood listens to audience demands and makes more movies where a guy reveals he was wearing a bulletproof vest the whole time.
- In honor of the new Dodgers skipper, let's re-live his greatest moment as a player: