Extra, Extra: SoCal And NorCal, Please Stop Fighting
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Their search for a new skipper is finally over. The Dodgers have hired former Dodger, UCLA Bruin, and Red Sox hero Dave Roberts to be their new manager. The half-Japanese, half-African-American Roberts becomes the first minority manager in the team's history. Here's to "Doc!"
- Uh-oh: the State Department has issued a travel alert for all Americans traveling abroad.
- It's about time Southern California and Northern California set aside our differences. Let's all chill and listen to Pavement.
- Belgians in Brussels had fun with the lockdown, tweeting out a flood of cat memes during the tense situation. It might have helped out the authorities, too.
- Punk rocker and KCRW DJ Henry Rollins finally got the honor he deserved: getting a prehistoric worm named after him.
- In 420-friendly Colorado, prosecutors aren't happy that people are getting off the hook for smoking and driving.
- The Beverly Hills School District is continuously sinking money into their pointless fight against Metro, and some people are finally getting annoyed.
- Thor isn't looking so beefy these days.
- Chuck Norris put his North Tustin home up for sale, and it includes a lake because he's Chuck Norris.
- E! has greenlit a "docuseries" about the Clippers dance team, who "embody the physical and spiritual essence of the modern woman." OK.
- Spotlight is getting rave reviews from critics, but one of the real-life Boston Globe editors was literally sickened by how the movie portrayed him.
- Jack In The Box is joining the trend and switching to cage-free eggs.
- Shane MacGowan has needed new teeth for a long time and, well, there's going to be a documentary about that.
- In a weak Oscar season, it's about time that Hollywood listens to audience demands and makes more movies where a guy reveals he was wearing a bulletproof vest the whole time.
- In honor of the new Dodgers skipper, let's re-live his greatest moment as a player: