This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: When Scott Weiland Worked For An L.A. Newspaper
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- It turns out that Santa Claus also knows sign language, as evidenced by this video of a mall Santa in Middlesborough, England using it to communicate with a little girl.
- Ever curious about which coffee giants own what companies? Here's a rundown of who Starbucks, Peet's and other major coffee players have acquired.
- In the 1980s, the late Scott Weiland worked as a layout artist for the Los Angeles Daily Journal. A former colleague recalled when he quit to pursue his dreams, and how he had a goodbye party at The Redwood.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt may be the king of Lip Sync Battle for now, but this toddler lip syncing Adele's "Hello" may soon give him a run for his money.
- There's a Kickstarter to make a Back to the Future II-inspired self-drying jacket.
- Curbed takes a look at three historic gay L.A. gay bars.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is making a new wing sauce with Mountain Dew because of course they are!
- An Ohio man's neighbors are not happy about his zombie nativity scene.
- And finally, panda wrangling seems difficult.