This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Scientists Discover the Part of Our Brain Dedicated to Jen Aniston
- We all have a little part of our brain that lights up when we see a picture of Jennifer Aniston. Science!
- Kate Winslet is not a big fan of that one Celine Dion song that just about as famous as that one movie that made her career
- A Houston society columnist/stripper used to be an intern at the now-defunct LA Citybeat
- That SAG/AFTRA merger went ahead
- Why real estate investors are flipping over Highland Park
- Pentecostals get jiggy for Jesus
- A street artist takes over L.A.'s empty space
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.