Extra, Extra: Rent In L.A. Now Averages More Than $1400 A Month
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Rents in L.A. have gone up significantly in the last year, especially in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Park La Brea. Average rent is now $1435 per month.
- Linda Ronstadt says she "doesn't care" about being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame, and doesn't know where her 10 Grammys are.
- Councilman wants to ban inhumane coyote snare traps.
- Hey, KPCC is hiring!
- 3D exec suggests that movie theaters show a lot less 2D.
- Racers tackling US Bank Tower's 1,679 stairs today.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).