This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Rainbow Hugs and Jelly Bean Art
- You must see this photo of two very serious, acclaimed directors hugging under a rainbow.
- Sorry, Crenshaw cruisers. Police may be cracking down on that.
- In honor of West Hollywood's new jelly bean sculptures, a history of similarly-shaped art.
- The "Godmother of Burlesque" was honored in Las Vegas this weekend.
- Six Flags California adding its 19th roller coaster next year.
- There were, naturally, a lot of gay jokes and Oscar zings at the James Franco roast.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).