Extra, Extra: Pigs Fly on Greenbacks
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- You can run, but you can't hide from swine flu. The piggy virus is supposedly able to survive for a few days on dollar bills. Conspiracy theory or fact?
- A big shout out goes to Tustin today for scoring #21 on Forbes list of places to live well. Congrats!
- That incentive plan that gives $10k for first time home buyers in California may be coming to a hault sooner than later. The credits have been given out so much already, our lovely state may call it quits early.
- City Ballet of Los Angeles is looking to grow in these tough times. They are hoping to trade their Downtown LA location near LA Live in for a location on Broadway.
- More than the fire in Santa Barbara... smaller brush fires have broken out today in Yucaipa, Santa Clarita and Los Angeles.
- Burglars go into a house, see the Cops and start to run. One pulls out a fake pistol and the Police fire at him, hitting him a few times. That's the correct procedure, right?
- The Mexican Mafia is alive but a little less effective in Compton. Fifteen men allegedly linked to the Mexican Mafia were charged Wednesday with drug and immigration offenses.
- It didn't take Anaheim jurors long to convict a man of 6 counts of molesting minors. Gerardo Garcia, 41, now faces a potential 90-year to life term for molesting 3 girls who were daughters of friends. If we heard correctly, other prisoners don't take too kindly to child molesters in jail... Should be a long 90 years......