Extra, Extra: Pigs Fly on Greenbacks
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- You can run, but you can't hide from swine flu. The piggy virus is supposedly able to survive for a few days on dollar bills. Conspiracy theory or fact?
- A big shout out goes to Tustin today for scoring #21 on Forbes list of places to live well. Congrats!
- That incentive plan that gives $10k for first time home buyers in California may be coming to a hault sooner than later. The credits have been given out so much already, our lovely state may call it quits early.
- City Ballet of Los Angeles is looking to grow in these tough times. They are hoping to trade their Downtown LA location near LA Live in for a location on Broadway.
- More than the fire in Santa Barbara... smaller brush fires have broken out today in Yucaipa, Santa Clarita and Los Angeles.
- Burglars go into a house, see the Cops and start to run. One pulls out a fake pistol and the Police fire at him, hitting him a few times. That's the correct procedure, right?
- The Mexican Mafia is alive but a little less effective in Compton. Fifteen men allegedly linked to the Mexican Mafia were charged Wednesday with drug and immigration offenses.
- It didn't take Anaheim jurors long to convict a man of 6 counts of molesting minors. Gerardo Garcia, 41, now faces a potential 90-year to life term for molesting 3 girls who were daughters of friends. If we heard correctly, other prisoners don't take too kindly to child molesters in jail... Should be a long 90 years......