Extra, Extra: Non-Fire Edition
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A memorial for fallen LAPD officers arrived at the new Police Administration Building today.
- What does it look like inside LAPD Chief William Bratton's house? Photos of his place, which is up for sale, have been leaked.
- Caltrans humor alert. Those signs that tell you how many minutes it takes to get to downtown was accurately like this today along the 10 freeway: "Minutes to Downtown.......???"
- Rules for rooster ownership changed today, thanks to the L.A. City Council: only one allowed per property in Los Angeles unless you can fit under certain criteria.
- Additionally, they approved the purchase of a 6.3-acre dairy that they hope to build into a park and water treatment site along the Los Angeles River
- And one more for the City Council: they voted to draft a law that would cite those who cut down trees illegally with a $1,000 fine.
- Yum! The Top 10 Japanese Noodles Shops in Torrance
- City of Square Cops: "A Burbank Police captain on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against the city, alleging he was unfairly demoted from his post as deputy chief after he tried to get the command staff to address a series of internal complaints."
- A mural of Mayor Villaraigosa was splattered with red paint with "This is our town" scrawled below it.