This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: No More Magic Gas, LAFD Admits to Fudging Response Times, Jerry Brown Visits Ralph Nader Class
- The Eastsider muses about how Magic Gas' closure will totally mess up direction-giving in Echo Park.
- Get some popcorn: Studio City and Toluca lake are beefing
- Sundance cinemas presented its plans for its theaters in West Hollywood. It includes beer!
- A North Hollywood teen pitched his last game before getting a kidney transplant
- Jerry Brown attends a lecture by Ralph Nader, and they commiserated about how hard it is for a government to act rationally
- Undocumented students began their cross-country trek to DC
- Los Angeles Fire Department reveals it was juking the stats in its response times
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.