This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Occupy L.A., A Blue Line Secret Revealed & How Steve Jobs Advised Clinton About His Affair
- Alex Ebert from Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros is going to Occupy L.A. tonight.
- Militant Angeleno reveals a secret: You can totally charge your phone if you're on the Blue Line.
- Will Ferrell is going to receive the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
- Steve Jobs told Bill Clinton to come clean about the Monica Lewinsky affair.
- Gas prices climbed two weeks straight in Southern California, but they're starting to fall again.
- Food trucks are the new bake sale.
- A new photo album shines light on the life of Wyatt Earp.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.