This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Los Angeles' Most Googled Terms, 'Lob City!' T-shirts and Where Harold & Kumar Will Not Go
- Some of Los Angeles' most Googled terms aren't surprises — "Sigalert" and "The Los Angeles Times" — but the #2 is definitely a sign of the times: "EDD."
- Clipper Blake Griffin‘s exclamation of “Lob City!” is already a T-shirt.
- Harold & Kumar will not go to Lowe's in their next movie.
- Columnist asks whether Inglewood can stay black and middle class.
- There are 2 million rape victims living in California.
- Not everyone believes that "literary snobs" are the reason independent bookstores are going out of business.
- Los Angeles artist Mark Matuszak designed the Obamas' holiday card.