Extra, Extra: Lemmy's Funeral Will Be Streamed Live On YouTube
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A Denver fire crew rescued a kitten who got its head stuck in the drain hole of a dumpster.
- Zocalo Public Square takes a look back at a horrifying time when California sterilized 20,000 people—that accounts for a third of all sterilizations performed in the U.S.
- New York Magazine has ranked every sweater worn in the series Twin Peaks. That's 118 sweaters. Ah, to have Audrey Horne's wardrobe.
- The building where cult director Ed Wood made his "classic" films Plan 9 From Outer Space and Glen Or Glenda will be restored to its "former glory."
- Hey, Broad City fans, Comedy Central has ordered two more seasons, plus greenlit a three-episode limited series from Ilana Glazer called Time Traveling Bong.
- Lemmy Kilmister, the late lead singer of Motörhead, will be buried on Saturday at the Forest Lawn Memorial Cemetery. The service will broadcast via the Internet.
- Star Wars: The Force Awaken is now the highest grossing film in U.S. history, surpassing Avatar.
- Former Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Mike Piazza has been elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame (along with Ken Griffey, Jr.).
- A map shows what it would look like if all of Los Angeles' parking was condensed into one big blob.
- And now, here's 30 seconds of seals: