This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: LAUSD Paid Ex-Miramonte Teacher Mark Berndt $40,000
- LAUSDpaid Mark Berndt $40,000 to settle with the former Miramonte Elementary teacher under investigation (click through for a picture)
- Detectives aren't naming names, but they say that lawyers speaking with the media could be hurting the case against Mark Berndt
- R&B singer and occasional Kendrick Lamar collaborator Alori Joh died at the age of 25, but no information has been released about her death
- Asking the hard questions: why don't we invent a better condom?
- FYI, a convicted stalker of Madonna is on the loose
- A discussion about what is going on at the Sheriff's Department in light of the inmate abuse scandal
- Did Attorney General Kamala Harris make a good deal with the banks on behalf of homeowners?
- Hey, the city budget might not be looking so bad