Extra, Extra: Go On A Walking Tour Of L.A.'s 'Scandalous' Gold Coast
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- We almost didn't have a decorative gourd season. Here's how humans saved autumn.
- A company called Viperblack is working on creating clothes that are even blacker than the current blackest black for us to wear while we listen to Sisters of Mercy.
- Here's a profile of Tinder's CEO who says he's addicted to his own design, falling in love with a new woman "every other week." Swipe.
- Men apparently eat double the pizza when they're in the company of ladies as opposed to with their bros.
- You can go on a tour of the Gold Coast, picking through the area's 'scandalous' past and ending with a tour of the Marion Davies Guest House designed by architect San Simeon.
- E! has cancelled The Soup after 12 years. We'll see you on The X-Files, Joel McHale.
- Artist Michael Gross, the man who created the Ghostbusters logo, has died at 70 years old.
- Here are the six ZIP codes in L.A. that will cost you the most to call home.
- If George Lucas could be any character in Star Wars, he'd be Jar Jar.
- And finally, here's a polar bear that just doesn't want to get up: