This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Ladies, Bobby Brown is Off the Market
- Our local NBC station has taken a look into the cost of high-speed chases.
- The Sprinkles Cupcake ATM has been digging around Instagram to find fun photos of people cashing out their sweet treats.
- Down in Newport Beach, a man used home schooling as a front for sexual abuse
- Ladies, we hate to have to break it to you, but Whitney Houston's ex, Bobby Brown, got married in Hawaii.
- Al Sharpton remembers Rodney King: "Without seeking it, King led an entire nation to deal with its harsh reality, the one that lies beneath the surface of political correctness. At a time of utter chaos, he urged reconciliation and peace. Today, we hope that he will finally find eternal peace himself."
- LA Mag's Digest blog's verdict on Son of a Gun's Fried Chicken Sandwich for lunch: "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes."
- Eagle Rock Patch seems to have solved the mystery of who is hanging teddy bears from power lines around town.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).