Extra, Extra: This 'Joni Mitchell' Cocktail Sounds Good
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- In the wake of the Paris attacks, Lionsgate has canceled red carpet interviews for tonight's premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 2, as a gesture of respect for the victims. "We will proceed with the rest of the event as planned in honor of the incredible fans who have always supported our films with such passion," said a statement from the studio.
- A hiker was rescued at Stoney Point in Chatsworth after falling 20 feet. The 23-year-old was stuck between two boulders, and is in serious condition.
- The three men who prevented a terrorist attack on a French train in August will be honored at the Laker game tonight.
- As we noted last week, Joni Mitchell recently celebrated a birthday. Here's another way you can honor this fair songstress: have a cocktail named after her. Recently-opened restaurant Estrella (which takes its name from Mitchell's song "Ladies of the Canyon") serves a "Joni Mitchell", made using bourbon, grapefruit juice, and pomegranate molasses.
- The Weinstein Company will be laying off 40-50 employees this week, Variety reports. The cuts will mostly effect junior staffers and mid-level executives in the indie studio's film division.
- Speaking of film people leaving L.A.: here's a video from the Wall Street Journal about filmmakers fleeing our fair city for east coast suburbs...for their #craft.
And finally, a son got his nice old dad a GoPro so he could capture some footy from his trip to Las Vegas. Unfortunately, in a classic dad move, the dad put the GoPro on backwards; instead of cliche GoPro-style shots, we're instead treated to the musings of a Irish dad. It rules.