Extra, Extra: J.J. Abrams Apologizes For Lens Flare Overload
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Lens-flare addict J.J. Abrams apologizes for going overboard with the gimmick. That gives us a new hope that his Star Wars films will be flare-free.
- A worker died after the underground electrical vault he was working on exploded in a Huntington Beach neighborhood today.
- Whatever works: Feds target accused war criminals with immigration fraud charges. (Remember they got Al Capone on tax evasion).
- James Spader talks about his villainous role in the upcoming Avengers 2 flick.
- Already? Catching Fire advance tickets go on sale tomorrow.
- What all the Breaking Bad stars are up to now that the show is (sob) over.
- Legendary Hollywood producer A.C. Lyles dies at age 95.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).