Extra, Extra: Jennifer Lawrence Entering James Dean Territory
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Jennifer Lawrence set to reteam with Hunger Games director on a new film based on John Steinbeck's East of Eden, not as the love interest of the role immortalized by James Dean, but his cruel mother, Cathy, whose backstory was mostly left out of the 1955 film.
- Daniel Radcliffe dismisses rumors he's going to play Freddie Mercury in upcoming biopic.
- A La Cañada woman starts her new job as White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Rapper The Game reportedly spent $13,000 trying to impress Khloe Kardashian at L.A's Tru club.
- CBS happily tweeting that Bryan Cranston is returning to 'How I Met Your Mother.'
- Aaron Paul, meanwhile, joking to TMZ that after Breaking Bad, "My career is downhill from here. We all know it!"
- Folks in Hawthorne finally able to move back home after that awful methane leak.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).