Extra, Extra: Jennifer Lawrence Entering James Dean Territory
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Jennifer Lawrence set to reteam with Hunger Games director on a new film based on John Steinbeck's East of Eden, not as the love interest of the role immortalized by James Dean, but his cruel mother, Cathy, whose backstory was mostly left out of the 1955 film.
- Daniel Radcliffe dismisses rumors he's going to play Freddie Mercury in upcoming biopic.
- A La Cañada woman starts her new job as White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Rapper The Game reportedly spent $13,000 trying to impress Khloe Kardashian at L.A's Tru club.
- CBS happily tweeting that Bryan Cranston is returning to 'How I Met Your Mother.'
- Aaron Paul, meanwhile, joking to TMZthat after Breaking Bad, "My career is downhill from here. We all know it!"
- Folks in Hawthorne finally able to move back home after that awful methane leak.
- Plus: Keep up with us onFacebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).