Extra, Extra: In Some Good News For Once, Jimmy Carter Is Cancer Free
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Here's a glimmer of good news in the midst of a horrible week: Jimmy Carter is cancer-free.
- We're nearing the end of college football season, and the big bowl games are coming up. Just announced today: USC will be playing in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego on December 30 against Wisconsin, while UCLA takes on Nebraska in Santa Rosa at the illustrious Foster Farms Bowl on December 26.
- Harvey Weinstein thinks awards season blows.
- Morgan Freeman's plane had to make an emergency landing in Mississippi, but it's all good. "Sometimes things don't go as planned," the actor said in a statement.
- Following multiple rape allegations, James Deen has been dropped by a studio that is also embroiled in a series of lawsuits of its own.
- Local right-wing street artist Sabo is back at it. Great.
- Oh, oops: the LAPD misclassified more than 25,000 serious crimes as minor ones from 2008 to 2014.
- And finally, it's Judd Apatow's birthday! Only Judd could make the notion of voting for Ben Carson funny: