This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: How Much Did The Dorner Manhunt Cost?
- The Dorner manhunt will probably cost millions, but we'll probably never know. In any case, the LAPD is asking for federal help
- Oscars are for the dogs
- This is cool: hula dancers in L.A. got invited to the annual Merrie Monarch Festival held each spring in Hilo on the Big Island
- Tomorrow the memorial service for Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence is set
- There's still time left to take part in Dennis Hopper's estate sale
- Yahoo employees don't get to work from home any longer
- Some NASCAR fans were injured by debris from a crash today
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).