This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: How Los Angeles Got All These Peacocks
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Click here to see a bike that might also be a spider.
- L.A. Magazine looks into how peacocks ended up in Los Angeles County.
- Noma Dumezweni, a black actress, has been cast as Hermione Granger in the stage production Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. The story begins when Potter is a middle-aged father of three.
- James Franco plans on remaking 1996 Lifetime classic Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? for, once again, Lifetime.
- L.A. Weekly posits that Silver Lake has become Santa Monica. "Neighborhoods are great when they are diverse, when they offer a mix of people and experiences, from $1.25 tacos to $6 cappuccinos. When a neighborhood starts to become unable to support businesses like the Casbah and Alegria, it becomes just another upscale neighborhood."
- If you went and saw Star Wars this weekend, you may not have noticed two familiar voices. Warning: clicking on this link may result in spoilers.
- Kimoji—Kim Kardashian-themed emojis—are things that exist now and they apparently almost crashed the Apple app store.
- Some hero rescued a tiny, very vocal baby deer from a fracking pond.
- Some artists imagined what kind of food we might eat in the future. Mmm, crispy bug balls.
- An 82-year-old woman in Wisconsin called the police to tell them she heard someone chanting "ISIS is good, ISIS is great" while having sex. Well, you know what they say: if you hear something, say something.
- And how, here's a cat that's just not into the Santa spirit:
Orange Tabby Cat Can't Shake Off His Santa HatMurphy the orange tabby cat has unexpectedly been introduced to the Christmas spirit- and he just can't seem to shake it off.! No matter how fast or how many times he twists around, he just can't seem to get rid of the lovely feeling of the Christmas season.
Posted by America's Funniest Home Videos on Tuesday, December 15, 2015