Extra, Extra: L.A. County Fair CEO Raked In $900K As The Fair Lost Money
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Today's Google doodle was in honor of Wilbur Scoville, the man who came up with the scale that measures the heat of peppers. It's also National Hot Sauce Day.
- An LAPD officer is going to run the L.A. Marathon in full tactical gear. She'll be raising funds for Badge of Heart Foundation. Sounds sweaty.
- The company that runs the L.A. County Fair is being audited by the State after a state lawmaker found out that the L.A. County Fair Association's CEO was making $900,000 a year while the nonprofit lost money.
- An opossum is recovering from surgery after it was found in Riverside struck with arrows.
- Longtime Doctor Who show runner Steven Moffat is leaving the series and will be replaced by Chris Chibnall.
- A woman turned herself bright pink for three days after mistaking a LUSH bath oil for a soap.
- Game of Thrones fans who tweet their house allegiance will get a season six teaser from HBO. You apparently have to choose among Lannister, Stark or Targaryen, even though the correct answer is Martell. ;)
- Adults who like to color can now download a new coloring book from IKEA.
- A handy chart shows who has the cheapest staples between Trader Joe's and Ralphs.
- And now, baby koalas: