Extra, Extra: A Look Back At The Violent '80s Punk Rock Gang Of East L.A.
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Los Angeles held its 31st annual Kingdom Day Parade today in honor of Martin Luther King Jr., drawing over 200,000 people.
- L.A. County shelled out $61 million in legal bills last fiscal year thanks to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
- Master of None, the Netflix comedy from Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang, took home the Critics' Choice Award for Best New Comedy Series.
- VICE interviewed the author of Disco's Out…Murder's In, a book that looks back at an '80s gang called La Mirada Punks. They haunted East L.A. and were notoriously violent.
- Actor Ahmed Best talks about how hard it was to play Jar Jar Binks, then deal with the vicious backlash of those who hated the Star Wars character.
- There's going to be a new mobile video game starring Eddie, the mascot of British heavy metal band Iron Maiden.
- Gas was 47 cents a gallon…at a gas station in Houghton Lake, Michigan.
- Here are 9 photos that went viral that are actually bogus.
- And finally, a bashful baby panda: