This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Olympics Fave Gabby Douglas Relocating To L.A.
- Olympian Gabby Douglas is going to start training in L.A., prompting speculation that means she's gotten less serious about gymnastics.
- Sure, he's no Bryan Cranston, but Robert Pattinson visited some sick kids at Children's Hospital.
- That former LAPD homicide cop who thinks his late father was the Black Dahlia murderer? He's got some new evidence.
- I'm so dizzy... CBS rounds up local roller rinks.
- El Segundo Police aretrying to raise money for retired K-9 unit dog with a rare and life-threatening condition.
- Your latest meme: Hula-hooping Peter Dinklage of Game of Thrones. Maybe it was better in its original Canadian gay bar setting?
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).