This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: L.A.'s Greatest Bartender Is Moving To Chicago
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Officials with the Los Angeles Rams and Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts welcomed fans at The Forum today and unveiled a new (not really new) team logo. There was a cake!
- A look inside an Orange County barbershop, where the owner never stopped being a Rams fan.
- While we welcome back the Rams, Los Angeles Magazine says goodbye to the city's greatest bartender, Julian Cox as he moves to Chicago.
- Remember that guy who made the controversial "Innocence of Muslims" movie? Turns out he's still pretty mad at Hillary Clinton.
- Rapper Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) is in a little trouble with South African officials.
- Ventura County Firefighters had to rescue a pretty cute pooch who got itself stuck between two bars like a little kid.
- Remember that insta-bread Rey had in Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Turns out it was CGI, but a pretty simple trick.
- We're still remembering David Bowie over here at LAist. Here he is on VH1 Storytellers performing one of his best.