Extra, Extra: Ex-Professor Sentenced To 14 Years For Arson Spree
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Former Irvine professor Rainer Reinscheid sentenced to 14 years for setting a series of fires after his son committed suicide in 2012.
- Breaking Bad breaks with National Cancer Coalition, which had been linked from SaveWalterWhite.com, after it appeared on a "worst charity" list.
- Window-washing superheroes surprised some sick kids Wednesday at UCLA.
- Sylvester Stallone won't reprise his role as Rambo in a proposed new series about the '80s action hero.
- Bring on the Boo-Berry! All five General Mills monster cereals, including the discontinued "Brute Fruit" (fave of Quentin Tarantino's, ya know) will be back this Halloween.
- Rapper Coolio is auctioning off rights to his music catalog to pursue his new career as a chef.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).