This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: VICE Thinks The Remodeled Clifton's Cafeteria Is For Yuppies
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- While some of us are excited for the long-awaited reopening of Clifton's Cafeteria, VICE thinks it's now a restaurant for yuppies.
- Put that iPhone down: Selfies are apparently responsible for killing more people than sharks this year.
- Here are the most common birthdays of the last two decades.
- Despite having the ear of God and all that, the Pope still gets completely owned by the wind, and there are plenty of photos to prove it.
- And speaking of the Pope, we would definitely show up in our Sunday best for the rock wall at this cool, converted church.
- If you're feeling nostalgic for commercial indie radio station Indie 103.1, Noisey has published an in-depth oral history.
- For those looking for a bit more realism than Barbie offers, an artist's version of the iconic doll now gets her period.
- And finally, this 80-year-old hero built an adorable 'dog train' to take rescued stray pups on adventures:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.