Extra, Extra: Calling All Freakishly Tall Men, J.J. Abrams Needs A Wookiee
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- J.J. Abrams needs a Wookiee. If you're 7' plus, you could be that Wookiee.
- Begone, paps! Governor Brown signed a bill to discourage paparazzi.
- Is Michael Bay building a flashy pad in Bel-Air? More importantly, does it spin 360-degrees?
- Metro's Blue Line has a deadly reputation.
- Hundreds of O.C. gang members were indicted in operation "Smokin' Aces." Ryan Reynolds and Alicia Keys presumably not there.
- Dina Lohan pleads not guilty to drunk driving charges.
- 19 companies caught writing fake reviews online.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).