Extra, Extra: Betty White And 'Breaking Bad' Break Records
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- We're sure you've all been Googling "naked Betty White photos" this week, but our favorite octogenarian has also just set a Guinness World Record as the TV actress with the longest career. Huzzah!
- Breaking Bad also setting a Guinness Record as the highest-rated TV show of all time, with a whopping 99 percent approval rate from critics. Bet they're having an A-1 Day.
- Latino activists not happy about ex-Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's new job with Herbalife.
- Otter lookalike Benedict Cumberbatch rockin' a tux at the Toronto Film Fest. The Sherlock star will also be honored by BAFTA L.A. in November.
- A burglary suspect in Riverside surrendered after a four-hour stand-off. (Perhaps he just wanted some AC?)
- Baby shark spotted in Seal Beach. (Which is probably better than a baby seal being spotted at Shark Beach.)
- Did you feel that 3.6 earthquake near West Bishop?
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).