This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Atwater Village Has Pride Too!
• The Atwater Village Newbie's wife, Mrs. Newbie, wins the Atwater Village Street Fair cookie contest - AVN
• Al Sharpton met with Sheriff Lee Baca today regarding Paris Hilton - Fox 11
• Former Fox 11 TV reporter / LAPD sergeant Rod Bernsen cleared of accusations that he touched two 12-year-old boys in a hot tub - LA Times
• Deadly auto accident on the PCH near the Ventura County line claims one life - LAT
• Mayor Tony blames himself for his failed marriage - Daily News
• Senate Republicans have confidence in Attorney General Alberto Gonzales - Reuters
• He's so fucking hot: Pat O'Brien gets two more years to be The Insider - NY Post
• Shrek the Third only makes it to #5 last weekend - Defamer
• A new gym in Inglewood is being named after, and dedicated to Johnnie Cochran - LA Parks
• Speaking of... OJ Simpson talks to Editor and Publisher about... everything... - E&P
• The long-awaited Lemongrass in Eagle Rock gets a meh - Franklin Ave.
photo by the Atwater Village Newbie used by permission
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.