Extra, Extra: How The Arts District Has Evolved Over The Last Century
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A man dressed up like Darth Vader in order to rob a convenience store in Florida.
- A new book claims to provide proof that Frank Sinatra—not Woody Allen—is the father of Ronan Farrow, Mia Farrow's son. The proof? Sinatra was impotent at the time after having 12 feet of intestines surgically removed.
- Welp, Angels Flight won't be reopening in the near future. :(
- Um, bacon-scented underwear exists now.
- The house that does holiday light shows to metal tracks is back!
- An L.A. Fire Department dog will play the role of Nana in the Lythgoe Family Production of Peter Pan and Tinker Bell—A Pirates Christmas at the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Here are some old-timey, Thanksgiving-themed ads for cigarettes and alcohol.
- Ever wonder what Cheers would have been like if the world ended. Well, here you go.
- There is apparently a contest in Zimbabwe to determine who the ugliest man is. Maison Sere, a 42-year-old man, was recently crowd Mr. Ugly.
- Tom Cruise may star in a reboot of The Mummy.
- Here is how the Arts District has changed over the last century.
- And finally, a hamster wrapped in a blanket, eating a carrot.