Extra, Extra: Angels Win!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The Angels beat the Yankees, 7-6, in Game 5 tonight. New York still leads in the American League Championship Series at 3-2.
- Oh, really? TMZ finds that two girls, aged 18 and 19, have been arrested in connection to burglaries at the homes of Lindsay Lohan and Audrina Patridge. They also might be connected to similar incidents at Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom and Rachel Bilson.
- The city's flower enforcement division?
- Vic Mizzy, TV theme composer (think Addams Family, Green Acres) died earlier this week. Tonight, Detroit entertainer Soupy Sales died in New York at age 83. RIP to both of you.
- As noted earlier this week, it's L.A. Beer Week. Food GPS is drunk in updates from the week-long event.
- Two outside candidates are being interviewed to be LAPD's next Chief of Police. Who are they? The Police Commission is mum on the issue.
- And in Minnesota, a man pleaded guilty to driving his motorized La-Z-Boy chair while drunk.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.