This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: An Inside Look At A Half-Billion Dollar 'Gigamansion'
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Princess Leia leans in.
- Yesterday was Veteran's Day and the Ducks had a bomb-detonating robot drop the puck. It was a little weird.
- Restorations of the two films Agnès Varda made with Jane Birkin (Jane B. par Agnès V. and Kung-fu Master!) come out tomorrow in Los Angeles, and artist Miranda July spoke with the French master.
- Some guy is doing The Lord's Work and making butter more buttery.
- The Martian is being considered a "comedy" by the Golden Globes since it was a riotous affair—and because the studio lobbied for it to win awards.
- From our friends at SFist, you'll be equally repulsed and mesmerized by Guy Fieri's face at a Warriors game.
- An up-close look at the gigamansion being built in Bel Air. It can be yours for half a billion dollars.
- A Google car waspulled over for driving too slowly.
- From his archives, former Chicago Reader critic Jonathan Rosenbaum shared his list of the top ten films of the 90s. Centre Stage, A Brighter Summer Day, and The Puppetmaster are also personal favorites of mine.
- If you're looking for pictures of poop on the Internet, try your local 311 app.
- And not to leave you on that note, the Angels traded for Andrelton Simmons, who is regarded as the best defensive shortstop in baseball. He routinely makes plays like this gem from April: