This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Look At Palm Springs' Retro Mobile Homes
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The L.A. Times took a look at California's death row, which currently houses 699 men at San Quentin State Prison.
- Someone's been killing off the feral peacocks that live in Palos Verdes. But who?
- There's now a website to tell you exactly what David Bowie had accomplished by your age. It's either going to be highly inspirational or make you want to crawl in a pit, probably.
- Here's what happens to all the food U.S. Customs and Border Protection took from you when you reentered the country.
- The Brookfield Zoo has a newborn seal pup that's too cute.
- Hey, there's gonna be a new season of Venture Brothers.
- Click here to see someone really, really excited to meet Donald Trump.
- There's going to be a photo exhibit of Palm Springs' quirky, retro mobile homes.
- And finally, here's a dog and a chicken getting ready to take a nap:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.